Relief Organisations and Projects Supported
The Hilfswerk GL Zürich raises funds specifically for local projects in the poorest regions of the world – on the one hand, in order to help in cases of emergency and on the other hand, to improve the living conditions of the needy on a long-term basis.
The following organisations and institutions have been selected for long-term support:
- Kantha Bopha Children’s Hospitals, Dr. med. Beat Richner, Cambodia
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), projects to relieve malnutrition in Niger and in the refugee camp Dadaab (Kenya)
- Foundation Lotti Latrous, Ivory Coast
- Kiran Centre for Education and Rehabilitation of Children & Youngsters with Different Abilities, India
- Selam Children’s Village, children’s homes and education centers, Ethiopia
- Hôpital Albert Schweitzer, Haiti
- Association Rhein Valley Hospital, Hospital for the poor population of Kasambara-Gilgil, Kenya
The differing expenditures and revenues of the individual relief organisations are taken into account when distributing the funds. The payments show the amounts paid to the particular institutions.
Apart from the regular support of these institutions the Hilfswerk GL Zürich also solicits special donations in the event of a sudden catastrophe. In these cases, payments are made to those organisations equipped to make an immediate first response to the disaster site (see special collections).